Call our helpful team 0800 085 8850
In Depth: Epson C6500 5 Year Swap-out Maintenance Contract
The Epson Colorworks C6500 5-year warranty extension is a courier swap out contract, meaning if you have a hardware fault on any non-consumable items Epson will send a courier to collect your printer and leave you with a replacement machine while your printer is in the workshop for inspection. Epson aim to have a courier to you next working day if a call is logged directly with their Customer Interaction Centre before 15:00 Monday – Friday. The 5-year warranty cover must be purchased within 1 month of the printer sale, the 5-year cover will start from date of the printer purchase.
Epson warranty extensions can only be purchased while the printer is still covered under the original 12-month warranty or one of the extended packages. If you have already taken out the 3, 4- or 5-year extensions you can only then extend on a 12-month basis.
Limits to the service:
The printer must be within mainland UK or the Republic of Ireland, islands having a direct road connection to them or the Isle of Wight. Repair or replacement will not be provided if, in Epson’s view, the failure or problem has occurred because of;
- Wear and tear
- Modification to the product, unauthorised or inexpert repair, unauthorised or inexpert attempted repair
- Misuse, including any use outside the product’s specification, excessive or inappropriate use, or use in an adverse or abnormal environment
- Non-Epson hardware used with the product
If you need to use this service, here are some packing tips we recommend you follow. Systems Print Media and Epson cannot accept liability for any damage caused by poorly packaged good during courier transit.
- Ensure the printhead is set back in the start position.
- Remove all ink cartridges
- If possible, box in the original packaging, right side up and labelled and ensure the printer has little or no movement within the box
We strongly recommend that any printer used in a operationally critical environment should be covered by an extended warranty. If you are unsure if this is correct cover for you or you have a fault on an out of warranty printer, please get in touch with our colour printer specialists for help 0800 085 8850 / firstname.lastname@example.org